![]() |
| letter from noor |
Wrote to Liz, when she was applying for the class: Myself--a painter. But not with too much ideological baggage. Making something beautiful and meaningful (also two hopes) are pretty much where I'm at, the one being a route to the other. This can have application in any of these things creative people do... That's what 280 is about as well...
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,' – that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know"
--keats, Ode on a Grecian Urn
How is this true for us? Or is it true for us?
_______
First night:
cat watching hitchcock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cVM5infYxk
oaxaca skull (story)
china
history--can we reconstruct
oracle bones
bi disks
virgin sightings
rock hound and geode
america
Send email BLOCK. IN CLASS. Students send me confirmation
New people: send me application with work (on description)
Units & registration (enrolling): I bring course numbers (cec's) NEXT WEEK
sign up for 1-3 units as best for each student. they do this when they enroll with cec (discuss)
Class specifics:
Attendance (whole class)--all classes
Project each week
Students notebooks online (blog sites) - CREATE ONE THIS WEEK
Send me URL as active link. I make list and post.
Images of your work plus simple (meaningful) text
AND a new course description? How do I best reach people?
maybe Kenneth Rexroth essays?
san francisco in the 60s (ken knabb's posts)
http://www.bopsecrets.org/rexroth/sfe/
with james schuyler? selections from hus diaries, his art writing
gary snyder?
poems
I tailor my intro talks to class - show work to fit group as well
For next week: See my post "Week I: TOUCH"

No comments:
Post a Comment